Saturday 14 June 2014

REVIEW~TARGET THIS by LILY WHITE


BLURB
 
I’m not sure what I was thinking that day.

It was a normal Thursday, nothing new or exciting had occurred in the morning.

I’d risen from bed, taken a shower and brushed my teeth. I’d then jumped on the 8:05 bus that ran a short distance between my house and the county library where I worked.

The ride took its usual 15 minutes before it left me standing fresh faced in front of a building of gothic construction that was my favorite place in the world.

After straightening my knee length skirt, I pushed open the door that led into the interior of the library.

It was at that moment that my world would change – impossibly and forever. It was a fateful movement of wood that collided with the shoulder of a man that would alter my very existence.

It wasn’t fear that I felt at that moment – more like the feeling of being watched. It was the feeling of knowing that danger lurks - the sensation of the hair standing on end at the back of your neck.

Looking back on a moment that happened so many months ago, I now realize that I should have listened to that feeling.

As I would later find out, the man standing in front of me referred to himself as Master Lucas…

…and I was his next target.
 
 

REVIEWED BY: AKEISHA
RATING: 4 STARS

I received an ARC in exchanged for an honest review.

Have you ever read a book that even after you finished it you stopped and stared into space wondering “What the Hell?” Yep, this was my current state after finishing Target This. Before I get ahead of myself let's start at the beginning of the story.

What had me captivated about this book was the story within a story.
Lucas an erotica author used real live muses to help write his stories. Lucas was dominating, intelligent and a guy that didn't promise you hearts and flowers. I loved that Lily told some of his stories from a number of his books. It gave an insight into how his mind worked at times. I was on the edge of my seat expecting him to live out what he wrote in his books however, you will have to read it to find out what Lucas is really about.

Then we have Autumn an innocence librarian who was not exposed to the world that Lucas was trying to show her. She had a particular genre of books she liked and what Lucas wrote was not one of them. At first I liked that she was very challenging with her opinions but later into the story I wanted her to open her eyes and smarten up a little.

I honestly enjoyed the whirlwind of events that happened within this story. I was constantly guessing, trying to read faster thinking the story will run away from me LOL. Some characters surprised me a lot and others had me guessing their involvement in the entire plot. Lily has an excellent way of writing, I would even say it flowed like poetry.


What I didn't like about this story: I felt at the beginning the story was very slow. I understand that at times a story has to build in order for you to get to know the characters, etc. However, I found it really hard to keep reading in the first couple chapters. I thought that the sex scenes were just OK. I was looking for DARK and I didn't feel like I got that at all. Target This seemed more of a thriller to me but it was still good.



 

PURCHASE LINKS:

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Target-This-Lily-White-ebook/dp/B00KYIMNRQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402677185&sr=8-1&keywords=target+This+lily+white

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/target-this-lily-white/1119728468?ean=2940149716722
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment